Sunday, November 30, 2008

Industrial Chicken Condo Complete!


We have been working on a chicken coop for quite some time now. We are building it from free and or salvaged materials that my fiance Keith is given from construction jobs. It started off back in the summer with 16 gauge metal framing and some sheets of plywood. We put those together and made the basic frame. Then we purchased a roll of chicken wire to put around the sides. The project has been sitting dormant for most of the summer and into the fall until recently when we had a windfall of industrial tin that his boss just gave him. We also went today and picked up some scrap lumber from one of the job sites that was given to him. So today out in the rain and cold we completed the top for the chicken coop. I do so wish I had a camera so that I could show off the nice new coop! That is what I am asking Santa Clause for Christmas! I have placed an order with Ideal Hatchery and we will receive our first chicks on December 17th. Wish us all luck. This will be my first time raising chicks!

No comments: